Thursday, March 19, 2015

Cat Naps

Meet Cali, my babycat.  Isn't she precious? :)  This is her favorite place to nap-in the middle of my quilting projects!



CUTE!  But inconvenient.  So I decided to make Cali her very own kitty-cat quilt for snoozing.  She was not too thrilled at first.  (Attitude!)



But she eventually came around.  Now she loves it!  And I can finish my quilts!

Need to make one of these for your precious sidekick?  

Follow the instructions below:

CAT NAP QUILT
Materials: 
2 coordinating Fat Quarters
Batting - 18x22 batting
1/8 yard coordinating fabric for binding and
The essentials: (thread, sewing machine, rotary cutter, mat, etc.)

Steps: 
1.  Sandwich the Two Fat quarters with the batting with safety pins or basting spray.
2.  Quilt!  I used a free motion swirl throughout.
3.  Trim and square up (if needed)
4.  Bind!  I used two 2.25 inch strips (which was more than enough) of turquoise!  Need a binding tutorial?  Click HERE!
5.  Enjoy!

Happy Quilting,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment